July 31, 2014

Yesterday was a good day, though it was kind of busy. We had many of the regular things we do, as well as taking care of Stacy (she is supposed to be with her mother on Wednesday and Jason was asked to keep her with him, while Jackie went to her preschool). Stacy was with us until late afternoon, about 15:30, when she was picked up. Jason didn't get over to the gym, like he planned, but perhaps that was a good thing, and allowed him some time to just lay back in his bed. Anthony came over and visited with us, and now that I am working the QuickBooks for him, and Stand Up USA, he wanted to discuss some of the things going on. The good news is that more and more of the paramobiles are being purchased and given to the guys who need them. The bad news is that more and more of the paramobiles are being purchased and that means there is a bunch more paper work to be handled and information (data) to be handled. Once we were finally caught up with most of the items and issues that we needed to address, we all went to dinner. We went to a nice place, Balihi, over by the harbor. While we were there a gentleman came walking up to us and thanked us for our service. With both Anthony and Jason in wheelchairs it is sometimes easy to simply tell they are Wounded Warriors. Me, I'm just a veteran trying to help out. We were also joined by Theresa, who is working with the Marines, and it looks like she is making it possible for them to purchase a number of units for their recreation and recovery therapy work. At the end of our meal, the server walked up to us and let us know that our meals had been taken care of, and that we didn't have to worry about it. It was very nice to have that kind of thing happen, and to be honest, I am sure it won't be the last.

When we were done with the meal and said our good bye's, Jason and I headed off to the movies. We both wanted to go see Hercules, and it seemed like a good thing to do. We both liked the movie and felt it was well done, just that it was such a shift from the traditional Hercules that it seemed like it was missing something. There are a few aspects that lead me to suggest that if you're going to see it, that the first time you do, you go to a big screen. Some of the special affects are very good, and though it might look good on a wide screen TV, it looks even better on the movie screen. Anyway, after the movie we went home and it was almost midnight when we got there. I had a 06:00 conference call this morning so I didn't stay up to blog.... I hope you forgive me.

Today, Jason didn't have any appointments over at Balboa. This worked out nice, since I was looking at getting up early for the call, then I would be going for a bike ride. Those plans changed, or at least shifted a bit. The call did happen, and it was for Stand Up and Play, and lasted for about 90 minutes. One of the items from the call required us to get something accomplished this morning, so I had to make sure everything was in place, prior to getting out on the bike. I finally felt comfortable enough to go, so I did, only I decided it would be a shorter ride (less than 14 miles), and at a little fast pace. By doing this I still get a chance to burn off a few more calories, and get some better conditioning in, so it worked out.

Actually, not much else happened today, other than I did get a chance to speak with Linda, and found out that she is having a good time up in San Francisco. I think she is enjoying the time, and getting to know all the new folks she's meeting, however I think she really looking forward to seeing some of her old friends back in Livermore. She will be heading there next week, for a few days, before coming back home, to San Diego. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Always here lifting up prayer!
    Psalms 27:1, 4-5 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?...One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)