July 9, 2014

For anybody out there still wondering... yes, today is my birthday, and we had a great day together.

First we took the girls to their swim lesson, and they were then picked up by their mother, so we won't be seeing them again until Friday. After that, Linda and I headed back to the house to pick up Jason, and Rebehka, to get Jason over to his appointments. Actually, at this point, Linda took off to get her hair done, because we were planning to go have some fun tonight and she wanted to look her best for me (she still does stuff like this for me.) and wouldn't by done until the afternoon.

Jason had a couple of appointments, with the big one being his dental appointment - or at least to me it was the big one. He got his teeth cleaned and the tech came out complimenting him on how good his teeth looked and told me we did a great job in getting his teeth taken care of, when he was a child. Jason then told her that he never had braces and she was totally surprised. She then said she hopes his girls inherited his teeth because they looked great. He has to go back in to get them cleaned again, in about six months, so that isn't too bad.

His visit to wound care was pretty much as it has been over these last several weeks. Rod, the guy who has been doing most of the dressing care in the office, said that things were looking okay, and that we would need to keep an eye on the right side. What this means is that he agreed with me, because I told him that the right side was showing some signs of trouble. The left side, however, is doing much better and I am hopeful that it will soon be closed.

The evening routine was anything but routine. We got ready to head out to our cruise on the San Diego Harbor Bay, to be followed by dinner. We were the first to arrive, by only a few minutes, and found out that we had a private boat, while the other group all had to go on another one. The other boat was bigger than the one we were on, but that's okay, because we had a more intimate tour, and enjoyed ourselves. The dinner afterward was quite nice and the Commodore of the Yacht Club sat down with Jason and had a very long conversation with him. By the end of the evening they were swapping jokes and having a great time. We were asked to come back again, so we just might have to do that. These cruises are put on by the San Diego Yacht Club, and offered through the Armed Services YMCA. This is the first time we've been able to take advantage of them, and are glad we did.

We came back to the house and within a few minutes I was on the computer, checking my email and found a bunch of stuff on my FaceBook, where bunches of folks wised me a happy birthday. I have to admit, it made me feel pretty good. Otherwise, we just relaxed a little and then went to bed. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Happy Birthday ... sounds like it was a good one!


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014