Jason and I are still up in the Seattle/Tacoma, Washington area. The plane that was to take us down to Travis never made it out of Europe. Apparently there was something that happened (they told us "bird strike" but I don't think we'll ever know for sure), and it prevented the plane from taking off. I was disappointed that there was no back up air craft, or that another one wasn't made ready in an hour or two. To cancel the flight completely just seemed a bit over the top to me. Then again, we're really anxious to get back down to San Diego. We both have things we need to take care of, and these extra delays are really causing us some concern. We would both really like to see the girls, and see how they are. Jason told me they were sick right now, so maybe it would be better to minimize the interface, but I know he wants to see them.

I was completely packed and ready to go, even had the room readied with the sheets off the bed. I ended up just tossing them into the washer, with my few whites and did a load. I might have to do a load of darks if we hang around much longer. On the positive side, the nurses showed a level of thinking that has been kind of lacking, since we've been here, and actually provided me with a tray for lunch and for dinner. Otherwise I would have had to come back to the Fisher House to prepare some food. I know it isn't a big thing, but I'm getting to the point where even little things are starting to bother me. For example, some of the supplies that Jason uses daily are not standard items for the hospital. Fortunately I packed a bunch and brought it with us. Today I had to get somebody to let me get to our stored luggage, so that I could get some of those supplies. I had to wait almost 90 minutes to find someone with a key, in the mean time Jason was waiting.

I walked to and from the hospital, and I'm thinking that is a good thing. It allowed me to "walk-off" some of the stress I've been feeling. Jason and I talked about a few things that are going through his head, and some of the stuff he wants to get done, and then we watched a movie - Percy Jackson, Lighting Thief - or something like that. It was one of those movies where you really didn't have to think to hard, and it was just want I needed. Tomorrow I am looking for an update on our travel, but so far the updates have kind of left us asking questions. Thank you, for all your continued prayers and support - Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry you still stuck here! At least the weather's better! Praying so that tomorrow will be the day that you finally make it to San Diego!
    John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)