Just want to do a quick update tonight as it is getting late and I'm tired.

Jason had a very good day today, and it started with a quick breakfast and then off to the OT and PT treatments at the MATC. Max set him up on the electrical stimulus device that he has put on Jason's arm several times now, and Jason's arm was shocked for about 45minutes - this is to help with the "rewiring" of the nerves in Jason's right arm with the muscle functions. It seems to be working well, though we're not sure when Jason will be back to 100% - or even if he will be able to get there. He has already made greater strides with this than first thought was going to happen. Afterward, he went over to see Mike at the PT table and he had Jason work on his cardio exercises. Jason basically lays on his back for about 20 minutes turning the hand crank for this machine, and that gets his heart and full respiratory system moving. The one thing is that once he is done with this, he is tired.

After that we went on over to Wound Care where they monitor the progress of his wounds healing and they were all very happy with the progress. The one large wound is now two smaller ones, meaning that there has been enough healing to form a solid separation and the skin growth continues. All around, the wounds are looking much better and we're all happy about the progress. They put on fresh new dressings and we headed off to take care of a couple of errands (took less than an hour) and then back over to the apartment.

We both wanted to get Jason  laying back down because tonight we were going to dinner with the group over at the Washington Press Club. We actually didn't get to leave until after 17:15 (5:15pm), about 1/2 hour later than planned, but that was okay it allowed for some of the traffic to die down. There were about 45 people there, and of those only about 12 got the Mahi Mahi, Jason and I were two of them... ;-) Throughout the entire meal Jason was enjoying himself and he remained that was the entire night. This is actually a first for him, and I was quite pleased. We returned to the apartment and again got him laid down and me over to the laptop. I went through my emails, called Linda and wrote the blog. Next step... go to bed.

Thank you, for the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Nice!!!!

    All my best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014