The good thing about today was that it brought us one day closer to Saturday, and it looks a little more like we are, in fact, going to leave on Saturday. The Air Force has asked some information about Jason's wheelchair, and how it is powered, and I took that as a good sign, since it wasn't asked the previous Monday or Tuesday, when we thought we were leaving on Wednesday. Jason and I talked, and I will check out of the Fisher House tomorrow evening, if I know we are leaving on Saturday, and spend the evening in Jason's room. Of course there are things that could happen that might change this, but for now that is our plan, and I'm sticking to it.
Over the past few days the Infectious Disease team has been testing and checking Jason for any kind of "bug" they don't want to let get started. What they determined was that he could go out and visit the other areas of the hospital and so we have been going down to the cafeteria for lunch, over these past two days. Today, however, after we got back (actually about 2 hours after we returned from lunch), one of the nurses came in and stated that Jason was not to go down to the cafeteria again, because it had too many other people there, and they don't Jason to be around crowds. Obviously, we asked why, and they said that because Jason has MRSA (methicillin-resistantStaphylococcus aureus), and they don't want an outbreak to happen. Jason is on a program of multiple antibiotics, and he has even been taken off the IV drip, so there really isn't much to worry about. We can still go out and run around the hospital and around the grounds, if that's what we would like to do, but we can't be around the cafeteria.
Not much else happened today, other than his regular dressing change, and the wounds are still showing some progress, though I would have rather he had spent this time in Bethesda, with the treatment of all the right equipment. I have been doing the basics and keeping the dressings clean, but I don't have the use of the Mister or UV light, and he is not getting the showers he would normally be getting. I think he will want one tomorrow, but that is such an effort that he might just decide to wait, we'll see tomorrow. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive