Jason is still in at the hospital with an infection. When he will be coming out again I don't know just yet, nor do we know what the infection is. I didn't sleep much last night, and still got up a bit on the early side, then went over to see Jason. We were sitting there and talking about getting things together for our trip back to San Diego, when we were visited by a small group (three) of doctors. That's when we found out that there was still no final on the culture they were running on his urine and blood. They do know there is an infection somewhere, as Jason has an elevated white blood cell number (they didn't tell me the number, so for all those wondering, I don't know). There should be an answer tomorrow and then there will be a better starting place for the treatment to begin. Right now they are treating him with an antibiotic for sudemonis (sp) because that is what he had last time. Overall Jason is doing well and comfortable, it is just that he would rather not have to be in the hospital.

We did have a couple of visitors, General Tom Jones, ret. came by and visited for a short while. He hadn't seen me since just before Jason and I went to San Diego the first time, so that is over a year ago. He still remembered my name, and I thought that was impressive. We also had another visitor (actually there were several people associated with the second visit) as President Obama came by. He walked into the room saying, "Hey Jason, how the heck are you?" and then shook my hand and said he was glad to see me again. They visited awhile this time, and he was trying to remember just how many times he had come to see Jason in the hospital, and we  suggested that it was four or five times now. We got a few more pictures (also now on the blog) and I even have a few more with my camera. Afterward, there was this Marine Major who came in, and talked with Jason for a couple of minutes. It was nice seeing him as well, and he is the Marine adviser to the President.

Not too much more happened today, other than me walking back and forth from building 62 to the hospital. Apparently Jason slept through dinner (he was as tired as I was) so he called and asked me to bring him something to eat. I did and then told him I was tired and needed to get back so I could get some rest. I will be  heading back over to see him tomorrow in the morning and seeing where the day takes us. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support.


  1. Jason, the President of the United States is on a first name basis with you!! I need you to get rid of this infection right away, please.

    Awesome pictures!!

    The President owes you one more visit before you come back to California for the 6 emails I sent to him and Mrs. Obama to come and visit you.

    Get rid of that infection, that is an order!! LOL

    Be good, get well.

    All my best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

  2. Know that I'm always here praying so very, very hard!!!!!!!
    Psalms 33:20-22 Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name. Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014