Today was one of those days that feel good, because you feel like you got things done, but it was also kind of rough, in that both of us went most of the day without eating. Not sure why, but we were both very tired when we finally got to bed last night, and as a result we both woke up a bit later than either of us had planned. Jason had an early appointment (09:00) so we really didn't have time to have breakfast. There is no dry cereal in the place, and there wasn't time to cook up some oatmeal (like was planned). As the day got going it turned into one meeting after another and then we had to get back over to building 62 to go see the Gunny. He had a sign off sheet for us, and then Ms Willett came by with an update. Before we knew it, it was almost 14:00 (2pm) and we were both getting hungry, and we needed to get back over to the hospital to turn in some of Jason's equipment.

As it turned out, I did have some time to throw something together for Jason and I to at least eat something, and then we needed to take care of a few more issues. One of the things that has been stumping the guys up stairs is how to get Jason's bed shipped back to San Diego, so I contacted the store, Healthy Back, where his bed was purchased, and asked them if they had an extra box we could use for shipping. They were very helpful and all that needs to be done is simply go down and pick up a box, that they will be holding for us. I guess it is actually two boxes, but bottom line is that it will make the shipping a bunch easier for everyone.

Jason fell asleep a little while after all the excitement, and I wasn't surprised at all, with all the running around that we had to do. It was almost 19:00 (7pm) when I went out to go pick up a couple of sandwiches for dinner. I went to one of the local delis and the sandwiches were pretty good. Fortunately they were big enough that we didn't need anything else. Tomorrow I will do my last load of clothes (I broke down and purchased some detergent) and finish up most of the packing. I told Jason that we are only going to have a couple of days worth of clothes and the rest will be packed. When it is time to go the dirty clothes will just have to travel in a plastic bag.

I'm going to get to bed a little earlier tonight, so I don't over sleep again, and just have to wait for notice that we're going to be leaving soon. The Rideaway folks will be coming to pick up the van, so I don't have to worry about getting that back, and otherwise we'll be ready. Thank you, for all the continued support and all the prayers.

Comments

  1. There are times God can seem so very far away, but He's always right there with you! Praying!
    Psalms 13:1-6 How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? ... Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, ... But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will the Marines come pick you soldiers up and drive you to the airport? I wonder how much lead time they will give you on your ETD? Sounds like you are on top of the situation on your end!! Keeping all in prayer and hope you get to come home to California soon. It was 77 degrees here today, down right warm. No wind at all! Feels like Spring has sprung here in the San Francisco Bay Area, for now anyway. The Giants were even on t.v. tonight from Spring Training, what a treat, Kruk & Kuip were even broadcasting :-) Hope all goes well tomorrow. Keep us posted.

    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)