Today I learned a great deal about the difference of how the Navy runs their operations and how the Army runs their operations. There are some challenges associated with both, and both have areas where improvements can be made. Having said that, the Navy support operations is far superior to that of the Army. The medical staff and doctors here seem to be focused and ready to provide the level of support and service that I would expect, so I have not problems with that. I will even go so far as to say that they are on a par with what we've seen at Bethesda and Balboa. However, the other support operations, such as the so called shuttle service, really sucks big time, and the hospital food staff can't seem to get Jason's meal requests right. He fills out a menu in the morning for the next day and so far they have not gotten any of his meals correct. Today I went down to their cafeteria and purchased what he wanted and that was his lunch. It is really amazing how simple a task it is, and yet it can't be accomplished.

I was told that the shuttle leaving the hospital to head back to the hotel would be leaving at 15:20, or 3:20 pm. Because of this, I made it a point to be out at the pick up point at 15:15. I figured I could wait around for 5 minutes, and it gave me a little time in case I needed to have a cushion. There were a couple of other people standing there, so I asked one of them if the shuttle had come by and they both said it not only came by, it had already left. I again checked my time and it still wasn't 15:20. Another van came by, and offered a lift, but he wasn't going to the hotel, and could get us (there were two passengers now) within a block of the hotel. That was close enough for me, as it had turned into a nice day (it was raining all morning). Just as we were getting off the van, the shuttle showed up and so I went and spoke with him and asked him if he was the shuttle that was to have picked up at the hospital at 15:20. He said he was, and that he had showed up and didn't see anyone there so he left. Apparently he doesn't follow a schedule. I guess I wasn't too friendly with him, but I was civil in my language. I let him know that his professionalism was in question and that the schedule was there for a purpose. I will be speaking with management tomorrow, after I get their phone number.

Jason and I are still on the travel list for Wednesday, though we still seem to be unable to obtain information on WHEN we will be leaving. I have asked a number of folks to do their best to find out and let us know tomorrow, but my fear is that we're going to be given a very short notice. I will be getting over there early in the morning, and making sure he has his breakfast, and we'll start the day off that way. That is about all for now, so take care and stay positive. Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers.


  1. Not much of a shock that it rained. It kinda does that...a lot...around here! Hope you can get back to San Diego soon!
    Lifting up prayer!
    Psalms 56:3-4, 13 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me...For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014