Jason and I spent the morning, and into the afternoon, taking care of some of the pressing issues, such as the vehicle registration, and getting the mail package deliveries corrected. The registration late fees were all but completely waived, so that was good. Apparently there was a parking ticket given to the truck (expired registration) as it was sitting in front of the house. Actually, it was just a little ways down the street from the house, yet close enough that it could be watched. I need to get back to Livermore to take care of that ticket, as the DMV is unable to collect the funds and act as the agent. What happened was that when we started, the clerk brought up the information and it showed the ticket, and it matched a copy that Jason had received in the mail, yesterday. When we paid the registration for the truck the ticket disappeared and as a result the DMV can no longer collect on it - I have to go to Livermore to get it taken care of.

After spending a little over an hour at the DMV we headed over to the Post Office, where I expressed the registration up to Linda, and they said she should receive it tomorrow. We also wanted to see about the packages we had sent "home" from Bethesda, and found out that we needed to go to a different Post Office. It was about a block down the street; they don't do package pickup at the Post Office we were in. When we finally got to the right place, they said they would be happy to deliver it, so we set up a date/time and the boxes should arrive on Friday at about 14:00 (2pm).  The guys at the package office were very friendly and eager to help, so it was actually very pleasant.

Finally, Jason wanted to head over to Best Buy to pick up a couple of things, and I had found that my GPS had been damaged on the trip home from Bethesda. I figured it was a lost cause and wanted to find out if the glass could be replaced. When I took it in the guy behind the counter found out that there was still warranty on it (I had forgotten I purchased the extended when I bought it originally) so he said they would be able to replace it, no charge. The day was getting better as we went along. That was pretty much the end of our travels for today. Thank you, for all your prayers and continued support.


  1. Sounds like a frustrating day. Hope things calm down as you settle back in.
    What comfort we can take from eyewitness testimony!
    1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014