Jason and I made it all the way down to San Diego today, and we're happy about being here. When we arrived we found that there were a number of things we need to focus on, and that despite the change of address that was submitted, there was a pile of mail waiting some of it kind of important, and probably going to cost a few dollars to correct. (i.e. $500 to get the truck registered because the registration sat here for about six months and picked up late fees). We don't have to be back at the hospital until Thursday, so that gives us a day, tomorrow, to take care of a few things, and that it very much needed. Linda will be down this weekend, and that is something else that is very much needed, and I'll be a lot happier.

The ride from Travis was relatively uneventful, and Jason slept most of the way. I got a few good pictures of Jason in the plane and will have them posted tomorrow. I also got a few good shots from the cockpit, as I was invited to ride up with the pilots. The seats up on the flight deck are much more comfortable, and it was kind of fun listening to them talk about stuff the entire trip down. I was on the flight deck from take off to landing, and they had no problems with me taking pictures out the windows. They have a much better perspective of the ground below, than a typical passenger window seat.

Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. So glad you made it back to San Diego! What a wild ride it's been!
    Oh what comfort these words give! The Lord knows exactly what you're going through and will be with you every moment of every day. Keep your eyes on Him! Praying!
    Isaiah 49:13-16a Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands...
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. George,
    My name is Pam Eime and I work at MarineParents.com, Inc. A non profit support organization for Marine families. You may know one of our volunteers; Joyce Orrell. She brought our attention to you and your son, Jason. We would like to send a "welcome home" package to you and Jason, only we do not know your mailing address. Would you please email me at Pam@marineparents.com. and provide me with your mailing address? If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at 573-449-2003. Thank You so much George.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo very glad to hear you have made it all the way to Sandy Eggo....yay!!
    Hope that the logistical stuff all works itself out without too much pain and trouble. Best is that you and Jason are reunited with the girls, and will see Mama Linda soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)