May 28, 2011 - A good day

Jason is doing better today, and the line into his left side has been removed. As you can probably imagine, after having 2 1/2 liters of fluids removed from his chest there probably wasn't much left to remove... and you'd be right. The funny thing is, when the doctors saw that there wasn't anything more coming out the first thing they thought was, the line must be placed wrong. So, they took him down to have another examination and discovered all the fluid was gone, and then they removed the tube. The process was a bit uncomfortable, but Jason was happy to see it gone, and with the fluid gone he felt MUCH better. To give you an idea of how much better he is feeling, he asked me to go to Taco Bell and get him some food.

He was pretty much back to his regular self today, and making wise cracks to some of the staff, and even the visitors who came in. He felt good enough to spend some time with his girls, and Stacy (his oldest) gave him a kiss to make him feel better. Don't get me wrong... Bridgette has been giving him kisses too, and she wants him to get better, but Stacy was just very cute about it (maybe its the grandpa in me... ;-)) Besides family (Bridgette's mom, Yvonne and brother Jeff have come in for a few days) visiting with him, and a couple of friends, he had a visit from Miss Delaware. She is a nice young woman who is going around and visiting with the injured guys. We did get a picture, and I know I said I would be posting them today, but I just got back to put this posting in, and I'm tired. So I'll post the pictures tomorrow - I promise.

Not much else to report about for today, and I think that is a good thing. He is getting stronger everyday, and we all appreciate the support and prayers that are coming our way, from all of you, so thank you.

Comments

  1. So glad you are feeling better today Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, words are inadequate sometimes. We are praying for you and your family on a daily basis. Karen & Rob Weaver

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason, Natalee would dine with you at Taco Bell any time! That is her FAVORITE place! If you are up to Taco Bell you are feeling pretty good!! So glad to hear that. Finally a beautifully sunny day in Livermore. Hope the sun is shining on you and all of your family in MD. Prayers and hugs to all. Love Karen W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures. Jason, looks like you and "Uncle Larry" were happy to see each other! The nurses look like friendly people. And you saw Robert Gates! Artists? Beauty queens? Sounds like a happening place. It appears I need to go for a visit too. Glad things are looking up. I hope you have a nice birthday.

    Love,
    Aunt Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason it's the night before memorial Day as I thinks of all of my family that has served our country in the Military. I am thinking of you as well and hoping you have a peaceful night of rest. God Bless you Jason!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)