May 18, 2011 - Lots of rain today!

I guess I was lucky this morning, as I got up early and walked over to the hospital, to see Jason, and didn't get rained on. Linda came over later, riding the shuttle - she didn't get wet either. Jason was in pretty good spirits today, and feeling like doing a little more. Shortly after getting there he said he wanted to go out for a ride in his chair, so I went down to the PT folks (they're pretty much in charge of him getting in and out of the chair) and let them know. When I told them , they responded with, "Cool, we were just getting ready to come down and ask him if he'd like to go for a ride in about 30 minutes, so the timing was pretty good.

Jason went down to "Main Street" in the hospital. A place where they have some amenities for everyone who has to be in the hospital, such as a post office, barber shop, credit union, and a couple places to eat. There are also some places where you can buy different things, if you should need something, and over all the place stays pretty busy. We got down there and he met the lady who is in charge of the Operations section, where the General Delivery stuff goes. Because Jason received all those packages early on she got to know me, and told me a few times that she would like to meet Jason. After that Jason was feeling a little uncomfortable and wanted to head back to his room - so we did. Along with this P.T. work, the O.T. team are also working with him to build up his hands and arms, so they both come around frequently enough to make sure he's busy.

There were a few visitors, whom he had not seen before, so that was good. One of them was the Commander (Colonel) of the division where he is assigned, along with the First Sargent. They actually stayed and talked with Jason for a nice little visit, and just watching Jason interact with them let me know it was good for him. Sometimes he gets visitors where we stay in the room with him, and engage in the conversation; and, then there are those conversations where someone comes in to talk with Jason, and we need to leave. As long as it is all good for Jason I go along with it, and Jason knows we are there for his support. His overall healing is still progressing, and he is getting much better and mastering his pain (he is just about fully in control of when he gets his pain medication now - and it is becoming less and less, and that's a good thing.

Otherwise, today was a nice day - almost routine in nature. Thank you, all for the continued prayers and support - It is appreciated.

Comments

  1. rained here in Livermore too- weird weather R us.
    Hugs to you all-
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear you're getting out and about. Thinking of you all - Jake and Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason, what an inspiration you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob and I are praying for you and your family Jason. Your parents are amazing people and you are so lucky to have them. I can't wait to meet you. You are a hero. Thank you for sharing your recovery process as you are here to teach and we are paying attention. Thank you for everything to have done and will do in the future to help people. I want to be like you when I grow up. People all over are praying for you. Thanks! Karen Yates

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jason! It's so good to hear that you're getting up and about more, and that the pain is under good control. I'm so glad to see some pictures now! You look very strong, just like I remember you. :-) I'm moving down to DC in 3 weeks, so I hope I can come visit!!

    Sending (gentle!) hugs to you and love to your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't know me but I am a Director at a preschool in Livermore and know Linda through that connection. Thanks for keeping us posted on Jason progress. I have been following it since the beginning. It is wonderful to hear how far you have come.
    Jason I am praying for your continued strength and healing.I just wanted you to know how many lives you have touched and how many people are praying for you even, people who do not know you personally.


    Jenifer Montgomery
    Director
    Holy Cross Lutheran Preschool

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)