May 9, 2011 - Just another Monday

Jason had a tough day today, though it wasn't a bad day. We were told last night to expect Jason to be one of the first to go in to the O.R., and that was okay. I told Jason I would be over in the morning, and if he had been taken down before I arrived, then I'd see him in the afternoon. Well, I did get over in the early morning, about 6:45am, and he was still there. I figured, "okay, he's going at 7:30." Wrong... He didn't go until just before 12:00. Going later in the day would be okay, if he could have had something to eat at around 5:00am. Having to go almost 24 hours is really kind of tough on the guy... but then again, that's the worst thing that happened, and in the big picture, that is pretty minor.

The surgery was good, the decision was to go ahead and place the Integra on, and not put him through the skin stretching; besides they didn't think it was working as they wanted anyway. The good news out of this is that he doesn't have to go back in to the O.R. again until Friday, so he gets the rest of the week "off." They're starting to talk about getting him ready for his next steps in rehab, so he is going to need to be making a decision pretty soon about where he will be going next. Its something that he and Bridgette will be talking about over the next few days, I'm guessing, so perhaps this long break is good, and will allow them time to think things through.

Not much else to talk about, so I'll end this post with a thank you, to everyone, and ask for your continued support. I'm going to post the address again, as a few folks have asked for it:

George Ross, Jr. (or Jason, Bridgette, Linda)
General Delivery
8901 Wisconsin Ave.
Bethesda, MD 20889-0001

Also, I'd like to take the time to send out a special thank you, to those that have donated to the Wounded Warrior Project and/or the SemperFi Fund. I am not going to mention their names here, unless they want me to, but based on the way the donations were made I am assuming they want privacy. You know who you are. These organizations have made it possible for Jason's family to be here, and the families of all the Marines, Soldiers, Airmen and Sailors that have been hurt in this conflict. A BIG THANK YOU, anyway!

Comments

  1. Sir, I am greatly honored to have served in the same unit with your son. I did not know him personally, however, I was also deployed with CLB 26. I just wanted to let you know that I am currently raising support to make a donation in honor of your son at the hope for the warriors race in jacksonville this saturday if I dribble a basketball through the entire run. I am hoping this will raise more awareness and support so that other Marines can get the same quality help that your son is recieving. Thank you for your family's sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, I read your blog every day. Your dad is an amazing man. His love for you is in every word he writes. It is so good to hear that you have made great progress. Keep up the good work. You have come a long way. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    Hugs,
    Eileen Bitting
    Blue Star Mom
    Danville, CA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)