May 5, 2011 - Happy Cino de Mayo!

Actually, I don't think Jason thought about Cinco de Mayo today, though he did get to do something that was kind of special. He was given his power wheelchair today! He road it around the hospital wing and most of the people cheered him on. I think he really enjoyed the chair, but like the first time he went out on the geri-chair, he was just a little apprehensive and therefore didn't want to go outside. He has to go to the O.R. again tomorrow morning, so he probably won't be going out with the chair tomorrow, though when I spoke with him tonight he said he would consider it. I feel like he has hit another milestone in his recovery, and this one is a pretty big one at that.

Otherwise, today was pretty much a copy of yesterday, though he didn't do any more painting. Oh, and by the way, I said his first picture was a flower, and I think I should let you know it was a thistle, and a darn good one at that. He had visitors again - some of whom he knew and some that were strangers. One of the visitors was a fellow warrior, but from the Navy. He rolled in, with his chair and spent several minutes talking with Jason, and I think it did him good, as it was just the two of them talking. The evening ended up with me sitting in the chair next to his bed and watching the movie "Goonies" with him. I finally told him it was getting late and I needed to get this blog posted - and maybe even get some sleep. I told him we'd be getting back together tomorrow, once he was back in his room.

I'd like to extend a Happy Cinco de Mayo to everyone, and hope you all had a good one. Thank you, for your continued prayers and support, and please do keep up with the blog - Jason is now getting to read the comments, so if you have a message for him, this is the best place to send it. He's reading it via his iPad...

Comments

  1. Dear Jason,
    I have been reading your blog without fail since the second or third day it was started. I'm one of the many people at church you have met but probably don't have a clue who I am. It does not matter. What does matter is that you know there are HUNDREDS of people out here who care about you and are thinking of you daily, praying for your complete recovery - ie good health, rich full life with your family, satisfying work. I was in an ICU once for 3 weeks in critical condition. I honestly believed I could feel the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jason,
    It is good to hear of your steady progress. In case they haven't told you of hospital rules...no wheel chair races allowed in the halls (I know because I tried it once when I was in the hospital for a month!) Seriously, you and your family are all in my prayers. We miss your mom at Kinderkirk but are glad she is able to be there with your dad to support you and Bridgette and the girls. Thank you for serving this country and sharing your story. You are an inspiration. Blessings, Raymie T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jason- We love you, and are so glad to hear of your progress and hard work. I knew from the mission trips together that you had an amazing work ethic, and that will serve you well now. Hugs to you, and your dear family. Hi to your Mom and Dad, who we miss here at home, but know need to be right where they are.
    Love, Carol and Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jason,
    Just wanted to say many are following your progress and praying for you and your family. Our family sends our love and appreciation to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jason!

    We have been following your Dad's blog for a while now after we saw a link to it on the Pleasanton News. We've been following it ever since. We think of you often throughout each day and keep you in our prayers. We have a blog for our family and friends and I know there are quite a few of us across the country who follow your Dad's blog and pray for you to keep healing and feeling better. We pray for your parents and your wife too. You are a great family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom In Law Yvonne said....Hi Jason....so glad to hear of your progress! Would love to call you....how can we make that happen? Also, I lost my book of phone numbers....please ask George to call me 617-438-1602....Love you, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the movie Goonies. My son's and I used to watch it all the time. I'm so glad your healing process is going well. Stay strong and know you and your family are in my prayers.

    Roseanne Phillips
    Blue Star Mom
    Danville, CA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jason!

    Love you tons! Keep up the awesome work. :) I'm praying for you and thinking about you.

    Love,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jason and George,
    First, again, thanks to George for keeping us all informed on Jason's progress. You are an excellent writer. My two favorite installments are the ones about you getting up in the gerichair for the first time and ringing the bell and next, the Purple Heart installment with the "fluid" time changes and the commandant helping you get squared away! Your progress is amazing. And now you have your own wheels to get out and about. OOOOOOOORAH. We all are cheering and praying for you. Tell Brigette and Linda Happy Mothers Day from Pleasanton Military Families!! Pat

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)