July 10, 2013

Jason and I started out with an early meeting at building 26, and immediately after I dropped him off for that I had to drop the girls off at day care. They spent the past two days with us and will spend the next two days at their mother's place, then on Friday they are back with us for five days. The schedule is a little confusing at first, but once you get it, it seems pretty easy. Anyway, they are spending half the time with Dad and the other half with Mom.

Anyway, when Jason was done with his "administrative" stuff, he had to get over to the VA for his next appointment there. This proved a bit of a challenge, as I also had an appointment, but mine was not at this location, so I had to drop him off, and then come back to pick him up, about an hour later. The appointment itself, for either of us, wasn't bad and is just another in line for all the appointments we have to take care of. The real challenge was making sure I wasn't delayed any longer than I needed to be.

When the appointments were over we came back home. Actually, we needed to stop for gas, as the van was running on fumes, and we felt it was probably a good idea to put more fuel in the tank... ;-) We got back to the house and Jason took a shower, the dressings were changed out and we had lunch (we both had soup). He laid back and got involved with his video game, and did some on-line gaming, and I went up to my computer and did some catch up on my email. I really do try to keep on top of the email, and sometimes it can really be a challenge. Especially now with the VA appointments and the regular appointments, plus all those administrative type appointments seeming to come right on top of each other. It can make for a full day of activity - then we need to take care of things at the house!

Linda and her parents decided to do a little more touristy kind of stuff and spent the better part of the day on a tour of the city. It was an organized tour that allowed them to see and learn more about San Diego. It was a great opportunity for all of them, plus it gave them some time just to be together, and I can appreciate that. Jason and I were happy to be relaxing at the house. Tomorrow Linda and I will be playing the tourists and going to Sea World. We are going to spend most of the day together, after I get back from my bike ride. Yep, I plan on a bike ride, early in the morning. I'll probably do a little more than an hour, and then call it quits. I need to have the energy for the walking around. Thank you, for all your continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. So glad Linda's able to be there again!
    Praying right now!
    Isaiah 63:7-9: I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses. For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour. In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to lift up prayers!
    2 Corinthians 1:3-5 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)