July 8, 2013

Today we did a couple of things a little different, and it turned out to be a pretty exciting day, with lots of fun and not too much additional stress. The day started with all of us getting up to go to the Charlie Linville retirement ceremony, and it was something that none of us had seen before. Charlie was a gracious as ever and made the comment that in his entire Marine career he had never had other Marines stand at attention for him, for any kind of presentation. He figured that this was okay, since it would also be the last time he had asked anyone to do it. Reality is that all of the guys there were happy to be able to be a part of the ceremony and recognized the importance of the event for Charlie.

After that there were a couple of other things that Jason needed to get done at the base, and with other appointments, and I had to take off for my appointments at the VA. Fortunately, Linda is authorized to drive the Rollex Van for Jason, so I took the other vehicle and went to the VA, while Linda, and her parents stayed with Jason at the hospital, in Balboa. As it turned out it was the right thing to do, because both of us finished with the appointment at about the same time and got back to the house at about the same time.

It was now lunch so we had a quick lunch and a couple of them took a nap. I had another errand to take care of, and when I was done we went to go pick up the girls from day care. The plan now was to get over to one of the tours of the San Diego Bay, and take the girls with us. It is a tour that lasts for about two hours, and when we were done we were going to have some dinner. The timing was excellent, as we finished the tour; Linda made a quick dinner for all of us; there was a bit of a clean up; and then I went and told them a story before bed. Linda follows me with a couple of songs they like to sing and then we sat up a couple more hours with all the adults, and just enjoyed each other's company.

By now Jason had gone to sleep, and so we didn't (or at least tried to avoid) bothering him. Tomorrow are a couple of appointments, with one of them being with the VA, and the other at Balboa. The tough part is that I'm not getting my rides in, so I'm not building any of the riding strength that I wanted. Oh well, I am doing pretty good right now, so perhaps I won't loose too much. Thanks, for all the continued support and all the prayers.

Comments

  1. Hope you're okay, George!
    Know that I'm still here praying for your family!
    2 Samuel 22:29-33 For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop: by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God? God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

    - Emma

    emmabanks9 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing words of comfort. Praying!
    Isaiah 40:28-31 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)