July 4, 2013 Happy Independence Day!

Good day for resting, and Jason took advantage of it. Other than getting up to go pick up the girls this morning and taking Gracie out to the backyard he stayed down, and I was happy about it. I know the wounds are looking better, and I'd like for that to continue. The progress is good so I am allowing myself to be a little optimistic about future developments, and will continue to be that way as long as I can.

Tomorrow we will be heading out to the Picture People, to take a few more pictures of the girls with Jason, and we hope we can continue to do this every 6 months or so; at least annually. They have grown so much this past year, and now we're getting ready for Stacy to go into Kindergarten... STARTING SCHOOL ALREADY!!

As for fireworks and celebrating, it has been a very low key kind of holiday. Jason doesn't want to be up any more than he has to be, and the girls shouldn't be out that late anyway. Actually, I think Grandpa wouldn't be able to stay out that late either. That's okay, as there will more fireworks in the future and we can have other opportunities for celebrating.

I had a great early ride today, and put on more than 26 miles and went up to the top of Mission Gorge. It is a pretty good hill that goes for close to a mile, so it was a good work out. The good part was the trip back down where I hit nearly 38 miles/hour. Not once did I feel concerned about that speed, and at the end of the ride I still felt like I had a reasonable amount of energy. I think I might be able to build up to the October ride, as long as I continue to train. Thank you, for all your continued prayers and support.

Comments

  1. Well it's not after 12:30AM and neighbors are STILL setting off fireworks...and it's not legal here!
    These words are so familiar and filled with so much comfort! Praying!
    Psalms 23:1-3 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)