Wow! What a day. It started off with me getting up at about 05:40 and calling Linda, to make sure she was up for her day. I then got started on a couple of errands upstairs, and more specifically, in my bedroom. I then went down to make sure the girls were up and moving, but to my surprise they were already up and in the room with Daddy (Jason)! Well, it was 07:30 by now and they were full of energy and life, and I needed to get them breakfast - Jason too. I fixed them some cereal and I am happy to say that Jackie is getting much better at feeding herself, and doesn't make near the spills she used to make. Stacy has been a pretty clean and tidy eater for some time now.

After breakfast I got the girls over to their day care; and signed them in. Stacy was in her class and Jackie was back in hers, this time. I came back to the house and told Jason that because he really didn't have a bunch to do today, until after 14:00 (2pm), that I would like to get out on the bike. I hadn't ridden in about five days, and I needed to get some more miles on the bike and I should be back at the house before noon. I finally did get out of the house and got rolling down the street, and one of the first things I noticed was the head wind. The breeze wasn't too terribly bad, but it was enough to add a little more "load" on the ride. I ended up going 16.5 miles and it felt like it didn't matter which direction I was going, it was against the wind. I didn't get back to the house until 12:05, and I knew Jason had two stops prior to going to the VA, for his appointment. I hurried and got cleaned up and we were out the door before 12:30.

The VA appointment was good, in that Jason was able to meet with the doctor and they talked about all the injuries he had sustained, and the doctor took down all the information. Then I think the doctor's curiosity got the better of him and he asked to see the wounds. Good thing I was there, as they didn't have any medical supplies there, and we didn't bring any with us. I had to re-use the pads he came in with, and it was like putting a puzzle back together. After that we picked up the girls and came back to the house.

We got to the house and the maintenance guy was here, fixing a couple of the things I had asked be checked out. One of the biggies was the faucet in the kitchen sink. The way the handle was set was just within reach for Jason, and I wanted to get it a little closer. On top of that, there was a leak that was causing water to go under the sink, into the cabinet. The new faucet was installed and it is a little easier for Jason to get to, and it doesn't leak. Jason went straight to work on fixing dinner, as he wanted to make some of his famous soup for the girls. It did take him a while to get everything put together, and except for the spices (they're kept on the upper shelves) he was able to get to everything on his own. It was a very good experience. It also allowed us some time to talk about what kind of house he would like to have, once we get away from the naval hospital, here.

The soup was very good, and I probably ate too much, but what the heck, I was hungry. Even the girls ate a fare amount. The rest is in the refrigerator, and we'll probably eat it for lunch tomorrow. The girls go back to their mom tomorrow, so we won't see them again until Friday, and then have them through next Tuesday. The schedule may seem a little crazy, but once you get used to it, it actually makes sense.

Tomorrow Jason has a couple of appointments at the Naval hospital, along with a couple of his regular PT appointments, and I even have an appointment. I don't think I'll be getting a bike ride in, but probably will on Thursday. Thanks, for all the continued support and prayers - Take care and stay positive.


  1. Doesn't seem right to ask to look at the wounds if they're not prepared to bandage them up again...guess you worked it out, though.
    Always lifting up prayer!
    Psalms 40:5, 11, 13 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. (11) Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me. (13) Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014