July 2 2013

We had a nice day today, with Jason taking care of his appointments, and me taking care of mine (I went to the VA to get some lab work done and set up a follow up appointment). Linda was along and had a chance to speak with some of the staff there, and along with that there was a special event going on in the quad where there was a celebration of the different cultures that make up the military family. The three she enjoyed the most were the dancers from the Islands, Philippines, and India - though I guess Philippines are probably considered part of the Islands, also. Then there were these two Nay Chiefs that left a heck of an impression on her, for their singing talent, so all-in-all she had a great time. While she was doing that Jason and I were in talking with Plastics and Primary Care.

The good things that came out of those conversations is that we think there is going to be some movement on  getting a new model developed and built of his pelvic area, as well as some of the other issues such as vascular structure. This is the stuff that is needed if the doctors are going to be able to get in to do any more work to help close up the wounds and make it possible for him to stay up, in a sitting position, with less pain and discomfort. There are possible other repercussions associated with this, such as how the timing could impact the rest of the year and all the things he would like to see happen.

Tomorrow is going to be a mild day, since it is the day for the National Holiday. We need to be at the Flag Poll at 07:30, so I am going to need to get to bed here, real quick. Actually, I think everyone else is already asleep. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support and take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. I was out of town for a while but am back now.
    Life can seem so overwhelming at times. God can seem so very far away. He's always there, especially when the times are the hardest! Praying!
    Psalms 13:1-6 How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? ... Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, ... But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)