July 1, 2013

Today started early, with a trip to the base, so that Jason could make the 07:30 formation, and while he was getting ready for that Grandma and Grandpa took the girls to their day care. We won't have the girls for the next two days, or at least that is the current schedule. We have had them for several days now and it has been a great deal of fun. They are growing so fast and showing us that they are learning so much. Having said that we're looking forward to getting Stacy into kindergarten, this coming school year and thus the beginning of her "formal" elementary education will begin.

After we dropped off the girls we went back over to building 26, where the formation was, and took care of a couple of paperwork issues. We also spent a little time visiting with some friends and basically having a good time, while we waited for Jason to finish up all the stuff he was doing. We then headed off to breakfast, or I should say to their breakfast. I wasn't going to have breakfast because I had an appointment with the VA. That was okay, as I wanted to get this appointment going and I knew I had to fast so they could do the lab work. Well, as we drove down the road my phone rang and it was the VA. They called to let me know that the appointment had been postponed because I hadn't gone in last week to get the lab work done. I told them I wasn't aware that I needed to go in a week earlier, and that last time I wasn't required to. Anyway, to make a long story short, I am now rescheduled to go next week and I have to get over to their office tomorrow to have the lab work started. Because of this I got to eat breakfast, so I considered it a positive out come.

After we got back home from breakfast we all got busy with a few things, including the wound care and a shower for Jason; and, by 10:00 I was ready to take off for a ride. I finally got out of the house at about 10:25 and returned at about 12:45. I went for almost 25 miles and felt pretty good. I was also pleased that I could get in a decent ride all within a comfortable distance of the house.

Jason had said he was interested in going to the movies, and see World War Z, so we went to the 15:00 (3pm) showing. It was an interesting moving, and perhaps because of the poor reviews I wasn't expecting too much of a movie. I thought it could have done more to build the story and the characters, but then it would have been a very long movie. We enjoyed watching, and it was entertaining. While Jason and I were at the movie, Linda stayed home working on a project of organizing Jason's dvds. She also watched a few movies along the way and she said she had a great time. The organized dvds look good too.

Tomorrow should be another good day for Jason, as he has a couple appointments, and they don't start until a little later in the morning. Once I drop Jason and Linda off at the base I will be headed over to the VA to get the lab work started. After that I'll head back to the base and catch up to them (at least that is my hope), and then we'll head back to the house. I'll be working on the yard a little later in the day, and doing some clean up there. Linda will probably be finishing up the dvds and Jason will we working through some of his paper work and playing some video games (as well as napping). Thank you, all for all the continued prayers and support - Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)