July 25, 2013

Jason and I were contacted by Jennifer Town (Cpt. U.S. Navy, Ret.) that Gary Sinise was going to be at Balboa this morning, and wanted to unofficially invite us to come and see him. We decided that it was a good idea, since we hadn't see Gary in a few months, and it would be a good chance to do a little catching up. The challenge is that I had also planned on going for a nice bike ride this morning - at least 20 miles. Well, the simple solution was that I got up early and took off for my ride and still got back early enough that we could get over to the base, before Gary had to leave (he had to leave around noon). I rode a relatively quick 20 miles, a little over an hour and a half, and got home soaking wet from sweat. It took me about 20 minutes to "cool" down before I jumped into the shower, and that's when I really cooled down. I turned on the water and stepped right in before the water had a chance to warm up. I stepped right back out a little faster... ;-)

Once we got to the base, we found Gary and Jennifer sitting at a table behind the coffee shack in the quad area, so we just went over and sat down with them. They were both happy to see us and we stayed and talked for about 15 - 20 minutes, then Gary had to get going so that he could go visit some of the other guys as well. That was okay, as Jason had to take care of a couple of appointment scheduling issues. When we were all done with that, and done with the visit to Wound Care we received a call, again from Gary, and he had to get going; and, he wanted to know if we were still around. As it was, I was still putting the dressings on and needed another 10 - 15 minutes, so we simply said our good-bye on the phone. He did ask me to be sure to keep him posted on developments so I promised to send him email updates.

After that we went to lunch and then went and saw the movie Lone Ranger. I would have to give it a solid B, and thought that it was entertaining. It was something like a movie remake of an old t.v. show, and it pretty much was. The biggest draw back was that it was over 2 1/2 hours long. The biggest plus was that you really did not like the bad guy. Anyway, when we finally got back to the house it was already after 18:00 (6pm) and we were both tired, and Jason wanted a shower. On top of that Anthony Netto came by to discuss a couple things with us. Jason had been up for a very long stretch, and he was tired, and I was tired as well.

I didn't even get a long conversation with Linda tonight, because by the time I finally got a chance to sit down and relax and talk with her, it was getting late. She had a busy day with taking the kids to The Jelly Belly Factory, so we were both tired, and just wanted to go to bed. So, with that, I'm going to sign off and thank you for all your continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Glad you had that special time with Gary!
    There are times when I need to share these verses even though I did not that long ago. Praying!
    John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)