July 6, 2013

Today started with a nice bike ride of 16+ miles over some unfamiliar terrain and with plenty of hills. Well, the first part of the ride was familiar, as I am getting to know the first 3 to 4 miles of area around the house, pretty well now. I enjoy exploring new areas, and it is like a way to help me stay focused on the ride and I don't seem to get as tired. The funny thing is that at about 5 miles out I realized that I had forgotten to take my backpack, and I always bring that along. It has all my emergency stuff like spare tubes and a little bit of food to keep my energy up. I decided that I would continue on with the ride and then remembered that I also left my cell phone in the backpack, so if something were to go wrong I wouldn't have a way to call home, and I didn't even have my wallet or any ID with me. Again, this made me a little nervous but I did so want to get in at least 15 miles today, and when I got going, stretching that out to the 16 mile mark wasn't too hard.

I got back to the house is just over an hour, and Jason and Linda had already taken the girls over to their mom's place. We had a few things to take care of, like Jason wanted to get his shower in and the dressings changed; and, on top of that I had committed to Linda that I would clean the floors. It all worked out as just as I was finishing up the floors (they needed a good scrubbing) we were contacted by Anthony N. to join him and Angelica for lunch. After I took my shower we all piled into the van and went to have lunch with Anthony. A short while after lunch we were back at home (Anthony and Angelica came also) relaxing and talking about all sorts of stuff. It was a nice social time and then a phone call came in stating that Linda's Mom and Dad were going to be here in just a few minutes - literally.

What was nice about that was that Anthony had not yet had a chance to meet them, and both are important people in Jason's life, and it was important to him. Anthony and Angelica left a short while after Linda's parents arrived, and so now it was some family news and catching up that took place. We decided to go out to dinner tonight, though Jason decided to stay back live on leftovers. He was tired and needed the rest and I was okay with that. Dinner was nice and we came back home, and now I'm finishing up the blog. We'll probably do a little more socializing and then go to bed. I haven't decided if I am going to be going for a ride in the morning, but it is likely that it won't happen. Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers and take care and stay positive.


  1. Praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 23:4-6 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014