July 11, 2011 - The journey continues

Jason is an amazing kinda guy. After all that he has been through he still has a sense of humor, and knows how to be a gracious host. I have to admit that I wasn't able to be with him for most of the day, due to the need for me to take care of some personal business, and run some errands for Jason. While I was there, however, he had a huge number of visitors come by, and even though it interrupted his lunch we didn't show any signs of being irritated, and in fact was smiling and joking with all of them. The first "wave" was an officer and another gentleman that Jason seemed to know. I was still out on my errands so I didn't see them or get their names. There was a second "group," actually Brad Richabaugh and his wife Katie, and another friend that I don't remember his name (too many names and I didn't bring the Red Sign-in Book with me). They stayed for a short visit and even helped Linda do some decorating (they helped her hang up the Marine flag). Anytime Brad comes by it makes Jason happy, not that the others don't make him happy, its just that Brad will always be that special friend for him. After they left, and I mean right after, a group of about 10 other Marines came by, and they stayed a while longer. Again, Jason was joking and smiling with them. Even though he had to wait to have his lunch, he was well served by the comradeship that was felt by all that stopped by to visit him.

Linda and I spent a little time with Jason and did our best to stay out of the way of the others. It is a bit like when Jason was at home and he would come home with friends from school. Mom and Dad were there if something was needed, and there usually was, and the guys just had a great time. I should also mention that the Retired Marines came by, and again, this happened while I was out, so I didn't see them or get their names (I'll work to do better with this, in the future). We are so happy that Jason is making progress, and showing the world just how strong he can be. The day today was pretty much just another visit to the PACU and him resting in bed. He did do some work with PT, and that is going to be more and more regular now, so his days are going to be getting more and more filled with activities.

Thank you, all for all your continued support and prayers - God bless you all.

Comments

  1. HI Jason and family,
    It's wonderful to hear of all the healing and improvements. I look forward to hearing about each milestone and read every entry, and even go back and read the days I miss. Keep up the good work and know we are thinking of you and sending you our prayers and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on the blog and pleased to see how well Jason is recovering. This blog is such a gift you've given him and all of us who have been praying for him. Jason is a strong and amazing young man!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)