July 16, 2011

Tomorrow Jason will be going in to the PACU for a dressing change, and then he won't have to have anything done until Tuesday. That's when he goes in to the O.R., where there is going to be more work done, and I suspect that it will be a longer day for him, than in the past. Though that probably means he will be gone for maybe 5 or 6 hours after he leaves his room, and that is much better than those early days when he would be gone 8 or more hours.

Jason had a good day, even with the continued challenges with the gas. He had some visitors today, with one notable being the Colonel who was the commander of the 26 MEU that Jason was attached to (sorry, I didn't ask permission to put his name in the blog). Jason was very pleased to see him, and probably more important, get a chance to speak with him. I remember talking to the Colonel a few months ago, when his wife came to visit, and then later took Linda and I to a small lounge area where she called him (or perhaps he called her - I truly don't remember, I just know I got to speak with him). He is now much closer, that is by location, and said that he was available to assist in any way, should Jason run into troubles getting any kind of help. I understand why Jason enjoyed being under his command.

Another visit was from Taking Back Sundays, a band who had come up to visit with the patients and with the medical staff. It was a nice visit and they were doing what they could to make the guys, including Jason, feel better. I think Jason was happy about the visit, and thought it was a nice change from the everyday stuff. The only other visitor was from Dave, the cookie guy - or at least that's how Jason refers to him. He brought some cookies in for Jason and stayed for a short visit. I wasn't there for this last one, so I don't know how long he was there. Otherwise that was pretty much all that happened today. It was a nice restful day for Jason, and I'll probably have more to talk about tomorrow.

Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)