July 2, 2011 -

Last night, when I left Jason, I was told that it wasn't a sure thing, that he would be going into the PACU for dressing change. When I got over there this morning, about 06:45 he was sleeping nicely in in his bed. I went over to the nurses station and asked about when I should expect him to be going down and they told me that he wasn't going down today, and that he was getting a second day off. I went back into Jason's room and he was beginning to wake up. So, I figured I'd give him the good news. Then he told me that the doctors had come by earlier and told him already - that's why he had gone back to sleep. We talked a little and then I asked him if he'd like something to eat, since they had not brought him a breakfast yet. He sent me off to Dunkin Donuts to get their big breakfast sandwich.

Otherwise it was a pretty quiet day, again, and that is a good thing. He wasn't up for going out in his chair, but that was okay, there will be other days. You can really tell that it is a holiday in most of the hospital, though there is plenty of activity on Jason's wing - injuries don't take holidays. He did get to spend a little time with the girls, and Jackie said, "Da-da" and there was a call with Bridgette, so it was a good time in itself. We didn't stay too late as the girls did need to get to bed, and it looked like Jason was getting a little sleepy too.

Thank you, for continuing to stay with the blog, and for all your prayers of support. It is all very much appreciated.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018